Tuesday, July 25, 2017

"My Fair Lady" -- Another Classic Film


Such wonderful and familiar songs! "My Fair Lady" is one classic that we've watched rather often. We love the performance of Stanley Holloway as Alfred Doolittle. And Audrey Hepburn's costumes were so glamorous. However, nothing beats the hats in the scene at the Ascot Races!


Our list of classic films to watch with Miriam keeps growing, and we may never run out. According to Wikipedia (source of all knowledge) -- "As of June 2017, IMDb has approximately 4.4 million titles (including episodes)." I don't know what percent are classics, but I think quite a few.

Oh, wait! This is a hat from the Ascot Races in real life -- a very old tradition!
From "The Most Bizarre Hats at the Royal Ascot Races," Time Magazine, June, 2011.

3 comments:

Kitchen Riffs said...

Such a good movie. And the hats people wear at Ascot are amazing.

Jeanie said...

I love this film. I remember when it came out and seeing it over and over. My fave outfit is the pink one she wears when she goes to visit Mrs. Higgins after she's walked out. It's like a flower. And the orange one when she's with Freddy and sings "Show Me." Such a good score!

Bizzy Lizzy's Good Things said...

Ah yes! I saw this many times with my darling mum. Thank you for the memories xxx